Wednesday, January 21, 2009

College Diner Says No Ticket

This marks the halfway point to the week. It was a good thing that the week is going quickly because I am somewhat tired. The afternoon was spent with the math team. I was stunned when my whole team showed up for practice today when I told them they didn't have to, and that they should be preparing for midterms. The practice went well though. We stumbled through learning about logarithms. It was days like this that I wish I was a math teacher because it would be easier to teach the concepts needed for success.

I drove to New Paltz following the practice so that I could go to the advisor's meeting for the math league. Going into last week's meet our team was 4 points behind Chapel Field for the final playoff spot. I nearly had a heart attack when they said Chapel Field scored 15 points at last week's meet. There were scoring errors made in Orange County, and the Presidents math team is actually in good shape. It turns out we made up the four points are now in a dead heat with CFHS for the final playoff spot. Everyone gets fired up for math meets, and your especially successful if you have home field advantage. You got to love coming to the 'Cafe 142' for a rousing math meet which will be happening on 2/11. Hopefully we'll beat the Chapel Fielders and qualify for the playoffs.

I also have to throw a shout out to Dubbsy for becoming the second follower. Maybe this blog will actually pick up some readers as we grow. Readership doubled this week. You can't beat it.

2 comments:

Wellsy said...

You're all linked up, buddy.

Meredith said...

More people might read your blog if you'd update it sometime....